Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Together

Today was a REALLY rough day at work so it's awfully nice to be home with the family.

Logan's whining ways are nearly a thing of the past. For the last week or so, he has been able to control his frustrations pretty well as it's becoming apparent to him that whining over little things is not acceptable, especially when a few words can explain feelings and wants much better. I sure am hoping he keeps up the great work.

When I picked the boys up from daycare today, I saw Logan's turkey card he made. I set it down in a place where I wouldn't forget it and proceeded to get Gage ready for the ride home. By the time I turned around, Logan had picked all his feathers off the turkey card with no regret. Funny. He's been playing with those feathers nearly constantly now. Dan noticed all the feathers laying around and said in subtle frustration, "Man. How many feathers are there?" Logan responded, "Un, to, fee, fy, un, to, fee..." It was hilarious. I guess we know the time at day care is paying off

The boys have been playing well together as usual. The living room is full of all the toys Logan drags out. I don't help much either by making so many available. Gage moves all over the place, rolling and edging forward. He's growing up so fast. Logan continues to be the perfect big brother.

Today was Ruth's funeral. I had intended on going until 11 AM rolled around. At that time, it was obvious that it wasn't going to happen with all the issues at work. I feel terrible for not attending.

Josh, our nephew, had an emergency appendectomy today. While they were removing it, it ruptured. Thank goodness he had the procedure when he did. By the sounds of it, his appendix was in an odd place to start with. We wish Josh a fast and complete recovery.

No comments: