Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A quick update... Thanksgiving, etc.

We went up north for Thanksgiving... Dan's side on Thursday and mine on Friday... then we came home Friday night. There's no place like home. It was great seeing everyone as usual and the food was wonderful.

On Sunday, I was giving the boys a bath together and Logan said, "poopie", so I took him out and put him on the potty. After about 10 seconds and some toots, he said "All done." So I put him back in the tub and let him play some more. He then said "poopie" again so I put him on the toilet again. And again, he farted and said "all done" after just 10 seconds or so. So I put him back in the tub and finished with Gage ASAP. Sure enough, Logan pooped just after I got Gage out of the tub. Two little terds floating in the water. So I emptied it all out and showered Logan instead. Little stinker. :)

Gage is edging closer and closer to crawling. He spends a lot of time on all fours but can't quite figure out how to motor. There's no doubt that it's just around the corner.

I keep hoping that someday soon, Gage will sleep through the night. It's just not happening which is starting to wear on me. I get up usually twice a night. I am looking forward to the day when Gage is a year old and can handle just solids as his main source of nourishment. He's 8 months old so I only have 4 months left. Chin up.

Logan is still my perfect little angel. I hope it never ends. He's been so good and communicative. He requires a lot of attention but the way he goes about asking for it is easy to manage. He gives hugs and kisses and follows me every where, babbling about his day... It is impossible to do anything requiring concentration until the boys are to bed. Ahhh... Motherhood.

I do have one complaint and that's how difficult it has become to take Logan out to eat. I know we need to keep taking him out so he can learn how to behave. I think we need to stick to typical family restaurants and not the fancy ones.

Gage has had some pretty dry skin for quite a while now. I am starting to really watch this and see if I can't get it under control. He'll have to go back to the Dr. soon for his flu shot follow-up. At that time, I'll visit with the Dr about it and see her thoughts. One of his cheeks is really dry which may be caused by his drool and sleeping in the wet drool puddle all night.

No comments: