Thursday, January 24, 2008

A story I must tell....

I keep forgetting to tell this story so I better get it out now.

Logan has been working on potty training for quite some time.  He has his moments where he does well but more often than not, he just doesn't consistently get the job done.  Well, we were at a friends house for New Years Eve, celebrating in family style, when Logan disappeared.  Then I heard one of the other dads yell that Logan was walking around with no pants on.  I ran upstairs to see the scoop and noticed he had seemed to go potty on his own and needed a new diaper.  When I got closer, I realized that he had pooped in his diaper, removed it himself with the help of his feet, and threw it in the trash.  Then he wiped himself up putting the icky toilet paper in both the toilet and the dog's water dish that was also in the bathroom.  Of course, the poop soaked socks that helped get his diaper off showed the path he walked throughout their over-sized bathroom.  The mom of the house came up stairs and asked if I needed anything.  I responded with, "Some paper towels and 409 please."  So, I washed Logan up, dressed him in the change of clothes we had with us, borrowed some socks from their boys, and sent him out so I could clean up the poop that was all over their floor, toilet, dog dish, and yellow bathroom rug.

Amazing.  I felt terrible but fortunately, everyone had kids themselves and understood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now do you think this is something Logan is going to want to read 15 Years from now? But it must run in the family. My dear Uncle Tom was sent home from kindergarten with a similar problem and he turned out just great.