Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lots going on...

Above is at Grandma's and Grandpa's house.

Time has flown by and I can't remember ever being as busy as I am now... final project for my masters, starting a new job, getting Logan enrolled in a new school, finding therapy for Logan, trying to sell a house, trying to buy a house, filing a complaint against our realtor, dealing with the relocation company nearly daily... it goes on and on. I keep telling myself, "It's only temporary." And as a co-worker says so well, "It will all work out, and if it hasn't, things aren't done yet."

Logan is doing quite well. I am thrilled with the quality of care he's getting with OT and PT. We decided to put him at the Duluth Clinic in Hibbing even though we are living in Grand Rapids. The PT is better than any I've seen work with Logan. She is on it and is constantly re-evaluating him. In St. Cloud, a PT would do an evaluation then pass him off for therapy, and reassess after a period of time. With this PT, she is truly evaluating at each visit until she gets him figured out. In addition, she has tons of neat tricks and tools to help him along, such as resistance bands, neoprene wrap, and more. In addition, Logan will be fitted with new orthodics and she works very closely with the person who will do this. Often times, she goes along to discuss options.

Logan starts preschool in the Grand Rapids School District next week. Unfortunately, he will now go twice a week instead of the 4 times a week Little Falls offered. That's a bummer. Oh well.

Gage went potty in the big potty for the first time this evening. He was very clearly requesting and he did go. Hopefully, it will click now. After all, he is 2 1/2 and is ready to get going with it.

Grandma and Grandpa Goehring are doing fabulously well with the boys and keeping them busy as well as being kept busy. They have a pretty good system worked out where my dad gets them out of the house to the park each day while my mom cleans and does the chores. Here, with them, the boys are able to have more freedom than they've had so far. The boys help Grandpa out with working on cars and motorcycles, yard work, cleaning out the garage and sheds, and anything else outside. It seems to be the highlight of their days. I'm not sure how long we will continue to live here with Grandma and Grandpa. Daddy is still stuck down in Little Falls until he can either find a job or sell the house, and neither of the two have happened yet in the last 3 months. Dan's getting a bit depressed... well very depressed, and hates being away from us. I was hoping it would get easier but instead it seems to be getting harder. Yesterday morning, Gage woke up crying for Daddy. He even made my mom cry as she tried to deal with his emotions. Then later in the day, Logan came out of my bedroom with our weekend bag packed and ready to go to Little Falls. When I said we weren't going, Logan cried and wanted to see Daddy. Very sad. We are soooo hoping that change is around the corner.

In less than 3 weeks, I will be done with my masters and can try and keep this blog up more. I wish I added more as it's such a great way to remember memories.



I just reread the previous entry. Funny how it states we are moving to St. Cloud. Yeah. The job kinda fell apart after I didn't meet their educational requirements (no masters yet and no undergrad degree in a computer related field). They still wanted me but had to put me on a temporary contract until my masters was complete. That didn't sit so well. So I contacted Hibbing and the job was still available, so the rollercoaster ride seemed to finally come to an end. Whew! It has been meant to be. Even though the distance is killing us, I am constantly reminded of how nice it is to bring my family together with the rest of my family. the other day I got to witness my 16 year old nephew playing with Logan while watching my 14 year old niece play volleyball. That would have never happened before. These are the memories my boys will remember, and the relationships their building with grandparents and cousins are priceless. I'm sooo glad I figured this out sooner than later.

No comments: